Monday, June 20, 2011

I Wave My White Flag!

I have to consider my squash a loss! 
Once again Dad was right!! Yup, he was!

Although my Crookneck Squash finally seemed to be thriving with at least ten fruits on the bush, they are duds!  The fruit grows and then gets soggy and bumpy like it was overwatered.  After much research on the internet and a phone call to my favorite Home Depot Garden Dept Employee, Betty, it's just too hot! 
Squash thrives in the warmth when the nights drop anywhere from 72-60 degrees.
Just to note, I did plant them at the right time.  However, with the probems like the White Powdery Mildew and all the aphids there was no way I'd succeed from the beginning.


Our hot Florida days and nights have cause me to Surrender!!
:(  Better Luck Next Year

No comments:

Post a Comment